Apparently, it has been a year since I registered this blog with WordPress. Has it really been a year?! According to WP it certainly has! How time flies, huh? I am honestly a little shocked. I mean, I knew it was coming up, but to actually hit the year mark. Wow!
[Now, my actual first post wasn’t…well…posted until February 14th, but we can still celebrate now, right?! I say yes! My first post was a review of Hunger Makes Me a Modern Girl by Carrie Brownstein & if you’d like to read that, you can click here!]
I haven’t been the best blogger lately, I know, but I still absolutely love this little group I’ve stumbled into. I have interacted with so many new, diverse, people around the world about books (and even NOT books!) & I am so happy.
I’m not sure what to say, really. A lot has happened in the past year!
Bookish Year Things:
- Went to my first ever book festivals, 2 of them, both in Austin, Texas.
- Went to my first ever book tour with two of my best friends to meet Maggie Stiefvater for her release of The Raven King; Shout out to Megan @ PitchBlackSky & her beautiful sister Emily. I love y’all so so much. We had so much fun!
- Created a book blog & made awesome book-loving friends in multiple countries! Mostly Australia, apparently. Especially Lauren @ Wonderless Reviews & Casey @ adoptabookaus. I love you ladies!
- Read 59 books; some of them bad, most of them great!
- Met Danielle Paige, got a picture, she fangirled over my pink hair & me being her first actual Amy Gumm hair twin that she’s met! At least that day. But I like to think it was the first time EVER!
Not-So Bookish Year Things:
- Visited Japan for the second time in my life (I still owe y’all a pic post, omg)
- Got laid off from my manufacturing/shipping job, but then found a new one as a Night shift Freight Associate! (I put product on shelves at a retail facility all night, like a vampire)
- Moved with my husband & two cats 2000 miles from Michigan to Austin, Texas. Basically one side of the USA to the other. Ridiculously far!
- Started my freight job at a new location & did well enough to, the day after Christmas, get promoted to full time status!
- My brother came to visit me in my new home, which is noteworthy because I don’t get to see him that often & I’ve missed him so so much.
- I also got a TON more tattoos in just the past year alone. I may be a tad……addicted? Who’s to say, really.
This year has really been a roller coaster ride. There have been many, many highs. There have also been some pretty bad lows. But, ultimately, this has been a wonderful year. For my life, for blogging, for everything. I am so glad to have all of you in the online book community in my life. I love that I found this, even if I haven’t been the most consistent poster (especially recently with all the full time working & new video games coming out!).
Here’s hoping the next year of this blogs little life is as fun, wonderful, & full of surprises like the first one.
Thank you so much for reading, following, sharing, & just being there.
Y’all the real MVPs