Let me take you back in time to March 2016. It’s kind of Spring, mostly still cold, & my blog has been active for only about a month. A baby, if you will. It was at this time that Cátia @ The Girl Who Read Too Much tagged me in a book tag game. It looked fun. I added it to my bookmarks. I proceeded to not do it.
Ladies & Gents, I present to you the This or That Book Tag!
1. Reading on the Sofa or in Bed?
- I much prefer the couch to the bed. Though I’ve been known to fall asleep more often on said couch than said bed so….maybe I should switch it up!!
2. Male or Female Main Character?
- I don’t really have a preference overall. Male, female, whatever. I much prefer more diversely written characters or ones that aren’t your “stereotype.” Let’s not fall into preconceived gender roles & such, ok? Not everyone is the same. Let’s put some more thought into it, yea?? All genders for all stories!!
3. Sweet or Salty Snacks when Reading?
- I can’t eat & read at the same time. My fingers will get gross & ruin pages!! But my usual go-to is salty snacks. Chips are a favourite. I enjoy chocolate, but I can eat more Doritos. It’s a problem, but I’m ok with it.
4. Trilogies or Quartets?
- MORE DUOLOGIES PLEASE!! But yea, prolly trilogies, between these two options. I have a tendency to fall behind if a series is too long so I like them a little on the shorter side.
5. First Person or Third Person Point of View?
- Depends on the book. Probably leaning a bit more towards First-person, but some stories are better in third when done well.
6. Reading at Night or in the Morning?
- Now that I work nights, my reading time is usually in the mid-late afternoon or at night. My bed time is in the morning now, so it’s not really a good time for reading these days!
7. Libraries or Bookshops?
- Libraries are important, & I love them. But I’m addicted to buying & owning books these days so I am gonna have to choose bookshops for this one! I also have a tendency to take a while reading books these days so I much prefer not having a time limit like you do with library books. I just can’t take that kind of pressure!
8. Books that Make You Laugh or Make You Cry?
- I love books that elicit any kind of emotion, it’s the sign of a wonderfully written book. But I think I prefer ones that make me laugh to ones that make me cry. Though I do still love books that make me cry. Not even sorry!!
9. Black or White Book Covers?
- I’ve been leaning more towards white covers with splashes of bright colours lately, but black book covers are still my favourite. It’s the goth kid in me!
10. Character or Plot Driven Stories?
- This is a tough one. I don’t really have a preference? I feel like certain stories/books do better with either of these & it would really depend for me. If it sounds interesting to me & can keep my attention, it can be driven by either character or plot & I am totally ok with that!
I really don’t have an actual answer for this one, I’m sorry. Forgive me!
There!! My Tag backlog is now one post shorter!
I hope you enjoyed this one!
I’m supposed to tag some people, but I never know who to call out
So, if you’re interested, feel free!
And don’t forget to let me know if/when your post goes live!
I’d love to see what everyone else picks!
And thanks, Cátia. Sorry it took so very long to get to. I am not the best person for doing ANYTHING in a timely fashion!!